Tuesday 12 February 2013

A Taste of Paris

Laduree Paris
I have to confess, I’m not much of a dessert person. Sweets and chocolate just aren’t really for me. Hence, when macaroons became the latest food trend I didn’t really bother. I had never tried one, and didn’t really have any desire to.

However, last time I was in London, I stumbled across the Laduree shop and cafe in Covent Garden. Everything about the place is so chic and beautiful. From the pretty pastel colours of the macaroons and their neat little boxes, to the tiny tarts and tea cups in the outdoor seating area. Even I couldn’t resist when I peeked inside. I bought six macaroons, two vanilla, two strawberry and two chocolate, all wrapped up in a neat, pale green box and matching tissue paper. As soon as I tried them, I was hooked. They were beautifully light and fluffy inside, gently flavoured, and just the right size for someone lacking a sweet tooth. If you haven’t tried them, you really have to. There are three shops in London, and a concession in Harrods. Alternatively, you can hop on the Eurostar and try them in their native habitat of Paris.




No comments:

Post a Comment