Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Row Fall 2013 RTW

The Row
I’ll confess, I’ve never been much of a fan of so called ‘celebrity’ fashion lines. More often than not, they’re simply average looking, and poorly made, with someone famous’ name on the tags. However, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have created a number of fashion lines, aimed at various markets which break this clichéd mould.



The twins’ high end collection, The Row shows in New York, and is always widely praised by the fashion press. But this season, the clothes were exceptionally beautiful. I love that even though the twins use the best fabrics and cuts to create sharply tailored pieces, there’s always a slightly undone element to their outfits, very similar in fact to the way the Olsen’s dress themselves. For example, for Fall 2013, the twins showed exquisitely cut skirts and trousers, coupled with oversized, slouchy, thick knit jumpers. The collection was made up of muted tones of black, white and pale, golden tinged beiges, and perfectly summed up that laid back, but chic aesthetic of the Olsens signature style. This is definitely my favourite collection of New York fashion week so far. So luxurious, yet beautifully understated. Now all I have to do is win the lottery so I can buy my fall wardrobe from them!   


No comments:

Post a Comment